574. John W. KNICKERBOCKER
was born on 5 Sep 1836 in Elba, Genesee, NY.
(17) He died on 29 Dec 1914 in Mt. Morris, Genesee, MI.
(17) He was buried in Stanley Rd. Cem., Mt. Morris, Genesee, MI.
(17) 1. Generation 6.
2. His death is not recorded in Genesee County records. It is suspected that he died in another county, or, there is speculation that he may have committed suicide and it was covered up.
3. He farmed all his life. He had a farm in Mt. Morris Twp., Genesee Co. MI which remains in the hands of one of his descendants. possibly a grt.grandson.
4. The farm may have been on land that his father received as a land grant for service in the War of 1812. His 4 brothers also removed to the same area from Genesee Co., NY, however the youngest elected to return to New York. His father received 2 land grants as a result of Service in War of 1812. Some of the lands settled by the Knickerbockers may have been "homesteads".
5. One source lists him as John Walter Knickerbocker.
He was married to Almira
Rachel COOLEY on 6 Mar 1859 in Mt. Morris, Genesee, MI.
(17) Almira Rachel COOLEY was born on 4
Sep 1834 in Farmington, Oakland, MI.(17)
She was buried in Jul 1910 in Stanley Rd. Cem., Mt. Morris, Genesee, MI.
(17) She died on 19 Jul 1910 in Mt. Morris,
Genesee, MI.(17) 1. Cause of death:
2. She is repeatedly listed a Rachel. In 1910 census she is called Almira. John W. KNICKERBOCKER and Almira Rachel COOLEY had the following children:
+723 i. Iva Adella KNICKERBOCKER.
+724 ii. Henry Wallace KNICKERBOCKER.
+725 iii. Lewis John KNICKERBOCKER.
+726 iv. Harvey Orsamus KNICKERBOCKER.
Return to Table of Contents