573. Margaret KNICKERBOCKER
was born on 5 Nov 1834 in Elba, Genesee, NY.
(17) She died on 2 Nov 1904 in Marengo Twp., Calhoun, MI.
(17) She was buried in No.Marengo Twp. Cem., Calhoun Co., MI.
(17) 1. She m. (1) nn Rochard, killed in the
2. She m. (2) Orlando M. Smiley.
3. I interpret the FGS that Frank Rochard was the result of m (1) and the other three were Smileys.
4. Although Mr. Smiley had 12 children, only the 3 by Margaret are shown as the others are NOT descended from Andris Knickerbocker.
5. Lynn Hayes has her birth year as 1835.
was born about 20 Oct 1815 in Litchfield, Oneida, NY.
(17) He died on 11 Oct 1894 in Marengo Twp., Calhoun, MI.
(17) He was buried in Oakridge Cem., Marshall, MI.
(17) 1. He hadd the following wives: (1) Sarah Ann Waldo d. 11 Oct
1894, 1 dau.
(2) Eunice Knickerbocker, d. 21 Jun 1851
(3) Lucy Bullock - 5 children, no vitals
2. Eunice was dau. of John H. Knickerbocker & Anna Lloyd. 3 children.
3. Mr. Smiley appears to have sired 12 children by 4 wives. Margaret KNICKERBOCKER and Orlando SMILEY had the following children:
718 i. Maude A. SMILEY was born in 1868 in Marengo Twp., Calhoun, MI. (17) She died on 22 Feb 1880 in Marengo Twp., Calhoun, MI. (17) She was buried in N. Marengo Twp. Cem., Calhoun, MI. (17)
719 ii. Orlando R. SMILEY was born in Jun 1870 in Marengo Twp., Calhoun, MI. (17) He was buried in N. Marengo Twp. Cem., Calhoun, MI.(17)
720 iii. James F. SMILEY was born in 1873 in Marengo Twp., Calhoun, MI. (17)
unknown ROCHARD died.
(17) 1. Killed in the Civil War (or M.I.A.).
2. Geo. A. K. indicated that the name may have been Rhehard or Reichert. Margaret KNICKERBOCKER and unknown ROCHARD had the following children:
721 i. Alanzo D. ROCHARD. 1. Appaarently died young. The dates shown are confusing.
2. Source: letter from G.A.Knick+ to Lynn Hayes dtd 9-12-86.
722 ii. Frank S. ROCHARD was born in 1862 in Genesee Co., NY. (17)
Return to Table of Contents